Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Ideas - Serial Killer Inspired Art

It sounds a little sadistic I know but believe it or not this was the theme of my year 12 major work. I called it "Dahmers Innocent Objects". There were two oil paintings and some etchings of Fridges and chairs with funnels and test tubes in the background. The idea was that a simple object such as a chair could be used for such a horrific crime and you would never know just by looking at it.

I have always been fascinated with serial killers.
  • What motivates them to murder other people?
  • Are they born like that or was it that a significant event that caused them to change?
Can you tell that I studied Psychology? LOL.

So I decided that I would like to re-create my series in miniature form and sell it on Etsy. I have been thinking about it for a while and now I think that it would be a good idea to have some different options in my Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment